- Cut the beef into chunks.
- Peel and slice the onions and carrots.
- Toss the beef in the flour and brown quickly in hot fat.
- Remove the beef and fry the onions gently until transparent.
- Return the beef and add the carrots and the liquid.
- Bring just to the boil, reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer.
- Cover closely and cook for 1 ½ - 2 hours.
- Check that the dish does not dry out, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with plainly boiled potatoes.